Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Bad Attitudes

I want to complain. It is my natural go to thought. I wake up and the first thing I think about is how tired I am. I want to write about how "hard" things are for me. Like somehow everything that is wrong with me and wrong with my day, makes me more interesting. If I am honest it's probably an automatic way to try and seek attention, even though it never works.

The truth is I have no right to complain. I am lucky to be breathing when I wake up in the morning, for my heart to be beating. This means that God still has purpose for me, a plan. I have a beautiful wife, two beautiful kids. My basic needs are met on a daily basis and even my unnecessary wants. I live in a country where I am aloud to express my opinion, exercise my faith, without worrying about having my door kicked in and being dragged off, never to be seen again. I am blessed.

The biggest blessing I have is my salvation in Jesus Christ. I have done a lot of running away and procrastinating when it comes to God. He has been patient with me, drawing me close, even when I did not deserve it. I'm blessed with the knowledge of Him, and how He made the world to work. The meaning of life is so simple and beautiful, and yet it eludes so many. My faith is a gift, nothing I have done brought me here. I was not interested in truly knowing Jesus, and he saved me anyway!

Complaining is something I do automatically but it is not something I need to dwell in. I can choose to pass over damaging thoughts. I can choose to think about the good things I have, instead of the momentary issues I am going through. Some days I may win, some days I may lose. I get new grace every morning, and I am incredibly grateful for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment